Web page: www.russweb.co.uk
Date Of Birth:
During my time working in the Information Technology industry and studying for my degree, I have obtained experience in the following areas.
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000
MCDBA on Microsoft SQL Server 2000
HTML, SQL, ASP, Transact SQL and Shell Scripting.
Windows 95/98,Windows NT4 Workstation, Windows NT Server 4,
Windows NT Terminal Server 4.0, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP.
Packages / Applications:
SQL Server 6.5, 7 and 2000, Microsoft Access, Citrix Metaframe 1.8, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, Veritas Backup Exec 7.3 Multi-Server, Microsoft Message Queue Server, Microsoft Proxy 2.0, Oracle 7.3.1, Lotus CC:Mail 8.2 Server and Client. Microsoft Office, Maximo 4.01 Facilities Management edition, Microsoft FrontPage, Select Case Tools, Oracle developer 2000,Cognos Impromptu 5.0, Visio 2000 and Royal Blue.
Compaq Servers and Workstations networked using both TCP/IP and NetBEUI protocols and Ethernet 10 and 100 Base T technologies. Experience carrying out hardware upgrades/ diagnosis repair
March 2001 – Current.
DAT Group Ltd
I joined the DAT Group as a Systems Engineer / DBA working
as part of a managed service that they provide to the largest holiday company
June 1998 – December 2000.
Dudley Bower Services Ltd.
I started with Dudley Bower Services as an IT Support Assistant, a position that I held for 18 months. I was then promoted to Systems Administrator with overall responsibility for the IT systems within company.
· Responding to and solving support calls made by the company employees.
· Supporting and maintaining the servers, workstations and laptops.
· Supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Exchange e-mail system.
· Supporting and maintaining the Citrix Metaframe system.
· Evaluation purchase and licensing of new hardware and software.
· Administering the daily backups in case of the need for disaster recovery.
· Supporting and developing the Microsoft Access Database applications.
· Supporting and maintaining the Oracle 7.3.4 database backend to Maximo.
· Part of the project team that rolled out Exchange
The design, development and maintenance of the website for a local primary school, which can be viewed at http://www.downs-way.surrey.sch.uk/. Assisting with the maintenance and support of the internal I.T. infrastructure within the school.
Education / Qualifications:
1996 - 2000:
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
1990 - 1995:
A Level: I obtained 3 A level’s
GCSE: I obtained 8 GCSE's
Information Technology French
English Language Biology
English Literature Home Economics
RSA: I obtained 4 RSA’s
Distinction - Evaluation of Software Packages/Hardware
Distinction - Computer Literacy and Information Technology Stage 1
Distinction - Concepts of Information Technology - Stage 1
Distinction - Core Text Processing Skills
Supplied on Request